Friday 14 September 2012

Melbourne, a friend awaits!!!!



Ah! What comes in mind if asked to Tell us what experiences you would love to bring back from Melbourne. Should I tell…..hah-aha well to begin I will have to reveal a long buried secret, the story goes my husband always wanted to have an Australian girlfriend so if I get chance to visit I will bring back a good friendship for myself and for my hubby dear too which will be a strong relationship across countries, cultures, cuisines, and of course thoughts and traditions.
Why I am saying all this is because I have read that Melbourne is an international cultural centre, with cultural endeavours spanning major events and festivals, drama, musicals, comedy, music, art, architecture, literature, film and television. It was the second city after Edinburgh to be named a UNESCO City of Literature  and has thrice shared top position in a survey by The Economist of the world's most livable cities.


Not to forget the great queen Victoria market, federation square, live music, cafes, Fitzroy, bars, St Kilda.
I have also heard a lot about the nature and wildlife of Australia, Wilson's promontory, crown entertainment complex, about "Eureka Sky deck" its a tallest building with about 90 or so floors and the lift takes you about 1 min to get to the top where u can get some breathtaking views of Melbourne. Check out "Great Ocean Road" that takes you to "12 Apostles". Another iconic thing to mention about Melbourne is "west gate bridge" its a bridge over sea that connects west Melbourne to city. About 100000 vehicles cross it everyday and is more 100 years old. also talking about "sovereign hill ballarat" "Phillip island penguin parade".

·  There is a "little India" in Melbourne and i will go there for its famous street eateries
·  Not to forget you can get all cuisines in Melbourne, lots of eateries there to explore.

Also I want to visit the filming location of master chef Australia as it has shifted to Melbourne now.
Talking of nature well Melbourne is often referred to as Australia's garden city and the state of Victoria was once known as the garden state. There is an abundance of parks and gardens.
Since my childhood I have always been very excited about continents and Australia is one which never left my thoughts. I had a picture long time back well I am talking when background images were hot collectibles yes I had picture titled longest picture I was wondering where this has been clicked and I want to go to this place, I searched for it through Google of course and landed to result stating its Melbourne docklands, wow I am still longing to click my picture there.



All that I had written is what I have heard and not seen so writing something you have not seen is not easy but can be made more elaborate after visiting. So who’s coming to tell me that “it's your time to visit Melbourne NOW!”
I am ready to pack my bags and explore this beautiful city the magnificent Melbourne.



This post is written for the contest It's your Time to visit Melbourne now conducted by Victoria Tourism in IndiBlogger.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your thoughtful present of having written this article. The message seems to be given to me specifically. Our son also had a lot to learn from this – though he was the individual that found your site first. Most of us can't imagine a more superb present than a gift to encourage that you do more.

Unknown said...

I liked the title, very apt. All the best :D

Anonymous said...

Just wish to say your article is as surprising. The clearness in your post is just great and i can assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.

pracz said...

all you anonymous invisible friends, would like to know your names please.
Thanks for stopping by, reading and leaving your comments for me.

102 Green Talks YT